Winter Is Coming To Town!
Punchestown Winter Festival
Saturday 18 & Sunday 19 November 2017
The 2017 Punchestown Winter Festival is going to be bigger and better than ever with a packed two days in store. Whilst action on the track will be top class there will be something for everyone with live music, dining packages, Huntman’s Challenge, family entertainment and the Up The Yard inter-yard challenge taking place. A Dublin coach transfer will be available both days.
See below for more detail on the Punchestown Winter festival.
Winter Festival Saturday 18th November
Up The Yard Stable & Stud Staff Day
Gates: 10.30 First Race: 11.50 approx
Family Entertainment from 11.30
Race & Dine Packages from €69pp from 12 noon (pre-book only)
Live music after racing
Ticket & Dublin transfer €35pp via https://www.punchestown.com/ticketing/
The Up The Yard challenges take place from before the first race and throughout the day
- The competitive seven race card gets underway at approx 11.50 and features the Frontline Security Grabel Mares Listed Hurdle. The card concludes with a very special event, the inaugural Up The Yard Challenge Race. This race is the centre piece of the Up The Yard raceday where the stable and stud staff of Ireland will be celebrated. Riders taking part in the race must work in a racing stable or stud farm in Ireland and can’t have ridden under rules before. This is a chance for someone to realise a dream of competing on the track. Throughout the day, stable staff will take part in inter yard challenges in the parade ring and Sports bar.
- There will be free family entertainment as part of the Winter Festival play zone with games, crafts, face painting and even a Santa visit. This facility will be located close to the parade ring.
- Both La Touche and The Panoramic Watch House Restaurants will be available to pre-book for a delicious four course lunch with guest tipster, cash bar and betting facilities. Packages are €69pp and €79pp respectively. Phone +353 (0)45 897704 for reservations.
- Please visit the newly refurbished bars and cafes at the Punchestown Winter Festival where there will be live music available after racing.
- The ‘Get Outta Town’ coach transfer and ticket package is available both Saturday and Sunday of the Winter Festival. Available to book via https://www.punchestown.com/ticketing/
Winter Festival Sunday 19th November
Unibet Morgiana Hurdle Day
Huntsman's Challenge: 10.50 approx
First Race: 12 noon approx
Family Fun: 11am
Race & Dine €79pp with childrens options available from 12 noon
- Day two will get underway with the second running of the Berney Bros. Huntsman’s Challenge at 11am. This highly entertaining challenge race involves huntsmen and their horses from 18 different packs taking on each other and a section of the famous Punchestown banks course. It is the first of three legs in the Huntmans’s Team Challenge taking place that day as an Irish Injured Jockey fundraiser. The second leg, for high performance athletes only, is a sack race taking place in the parade ring! With a target of €10,000 for Irish Injured Jockeys all support is welcome and while an early start it is a very worthwhile cause.
- The feature over the Winter Festival is the Grade 1 Unibet Morgiana Hurdle on Sunday 19th. This is the comeback target for the mighty Faugheen last seen on the track in January 2016. Willie Mullins track record in this race is unsurpassed with wins from Nichols Canyon, Thousand Stars and the record breaking Hurricane Fly filling the winner’s spots for the last six consecutive years.
- The Unibet Morgiana Hurdle is the feature race but the card also boasts the first cross country race of the Punchestown season, the grade 2 Ryans Cleaning Craddockstown Novice Chase and the Grade 2 Florida Pearl Novice Chase. Quality throughout the eight race card.
- The Panoramic Watch House Restaurant will be available for special Sunday lunch sitting. The all inclusive package is €79pp to include a delicious four course lunch, guest tipster, cashbar and betting facilities. Of course it is the amazing view from your table overlooking the finishing straight that will impress the most.
- Free family fun continues in the Winter festival Play Zone with face painting, crafts corner, games and a special visit from Santa.
- The newly refurbished bars and cafes will be the ideal base for those who wish to enjoy the action in comfort. Live music will take place after racing.
- The ‘Get Outta Town’ Tickets and Coach transfer from Dublin is available bothdays of the Punchestown Winter festival.
For further information please do not hesitate to contact the Punchestown team on +353 (0)45 897704 or email firstname.lastname@example.org